Monday, April 13, 2015

POST ON MONDAY, APRIL 13



So I got back late yesterday (well, last night)--non-stop
from Tuesday morning through midnight about 16 hours
ago. I'll talk about the experience, and so will Stevy (who
helped enormously with 42 Miles Press stuff). Interesting
conference. One of the best I've been to in a while. John
Gallaher was present--many folks were present. Some
people attended panels. I had a very successful book
signing. Etc.

But we need to get ready to interview Clayton AND to
talk through the process of making books via Lulu.
So I want you to 1. Read Clayton's book exhaustively
and read his poems at these links as well:

A Monster Poem is Here.

And a Monster Poem is Here.

Get to class BEFORE 5:30 (get your coffee, etc) so we can
talk about this work, the stuff in the book, the long
poems linked to. But before that even . . .

You will write THREE questions for Clayton. One
can be somewhat generic--questions you could ask any
poet--and two others should be specific, about process,
about a certain poem or poems, about style, accessibility,
meaning or non-meaning. Whatever.

We will meet and talk at 5:25. Clayton will come into
class at 6 pm. We will talk for 50 mins (about). We will
break at 6:50 (or 7). Then we will discuss how our books
are coming along and provide helpful comments to others
having trouble with the process. Bring your cover image
(print copies or email it to me).

Nick, were you going to bring an additional poem? You could
send me the completed ms.

We'll talk a bit about AWP during this FINAL hour of class
as well. Because the first half hour I want to devote to Clayton's
poems . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment