IT'S MONDAY NIGHT (TUESDAY MORNING)
I'm pleased to see poem rating already taking place
on a few blogs, and some poem writing. And I do
think your experiment is working Austin (soundcloud).
As far as the rating is going, will Hicok run away with
this thing? We'll see . . .
A note here to say, Jet Fuel Review just took three of
my erasure poems, and I had submitted them on 1/30/15.
The point being? That's one f*ckin' fast response time
because, seriously, it usually take two months, at least.
Handsome, recently, took three months; Black Tongue
Review took over four . . . which are, actually, pretty
usual . . .
Have you wandered around the Lulu website? Well
what are you waiting for? Do it! And in the meantime,
what else can we say about Kasischke's work here,
perhaps after reading Stephen Burt on her poetry. You
can see his very positive review here. Burt has also
championed Allan Peterson (who 42 Miles has
published). We are reading Dean Young, a little bit,
right (through page 22).
I do like "A Dog, About to Pounce, looks Back,"
and "For the Young Woman I Saw Hit By a
Car While Riding Her Bike," especially the turn it
takes on page 59 (Kasischke, I'm talking about . . .).
Agree? Disagree?
And the long poem "The Cure" starting on page 70
(a favorite of mine)?
But here is the thing. Read these texts and keep
them in mind as we now begin to read manuscripts,
which we will do after break time, which will basically
come at 6:30 (or earlier). So, yes, we will spend most
of the evening in 3149 Wiekamp, or adjoining rooms.
Remember to read the blog here--the assignments
below. Bookmark the blog links so you can go to them
and read your fascinating classmates debating Lockwood
vs. Szybist, or read a new prompt poem.
Also, bring 7 - 12 pages of poems (twelve copies)
so we can distribute them for next week . . .
I'm going to ask Who do you favor--Young or
Kasischke? and I expect you to be able to explain
why (because you will favor one over the other, right?
This does not mean you have to despise one and love the
other, of course. But chances are you have a preference . . .
Monday, February 16, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment